When I click "save", the program started "converting" which surprised me.???????

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
TenOC
TenOC's picture
When I click "save", the program started "converting" which surprised me.???????

I purchased the Pro version yesterday. I have a very large (more than 300) audio book collection that I have obtained over a number of years. Each audio book is split into "tracks" about 3 minutes long. Thus each book has 200 to 400 files. I scan my computer and ABM Pro found (selected:45200/45200) files. When I click "save" to save the database, the program started "converting" which surprised me.

1. What is it converting??

2. After about 24 hours it is only 15% complete converting. Is this normal????

admin
admin's picture

Hi, it's converting book metadata into book records in the database. The files are not converted

45200 - is quite large number of MP3 files for scanning with metadata retrieve. We would recommend to scan your library by several parts

bobajames1
bobajames1's picture

This conversion issue is not limited to mp3 audio books. Just adding 1 book I have to wait up to 5 minutes this "Convert" process. Under Alfa 4, I used to be able to add hundreds of e-books (1 at a time) very quickly and do the metadata updates. Now every book I add is a 5-10 minute ordeal, instead of seconds. Can the add files process be made more efficient again?

admin
admin's picture

Hi , please send us to eval(unescape('%64%6f%63%75%6d%65%6e%74%2e%77%72%69%74%65%28%27%3c%61%20%68%72%65%66%3d%22%6d%61%69%6c%74%6f%3a%73%75%70%70%6f%72%74%40%61%6c%66%61%65%62%6f%6f%6b%73%2e%63%6f%6d%22%3e%73%75%70%70%6f%72%74%40%61%6c%66%61%65%62%6f%6f%6b%73%2e%63%6f%6d%3c%2f%61%3e%27%29%3b')) a sample book that takes 5 minutes for converting

bobajames1
bobajames1's picture

Converting files upon add is working much faster now. A couple seconds. Moving files was also taking up to a minute and that is working now almost instantaneously. Maybe something was conflicting with Alfae books. It's the same version, but I have not tried imported and moving books since my last email (and the performance had been slow for a couple months after version 5 upgrade). The point is that I was not imagining the slow response of Alfae books, but for whatever reason the performance is good now. I did uninstall some programs, ran malwarebytes pro and CC cleaner. Maybe one of those processes helped.